Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Sun'll Come Out, Tomorrow...

What an absolutely gorgeous day! We finally got to run around outside without our coats on. It was glorious. Who says the sun never shines in NY?

So, overall, it's been a very ordinary day. We missed the bus. Garrett got his pictures taken. I slogged through all the kids' arts and crafts stuff, and you can actually see wall AND carpet in that corner of the room. Did some laundry. Jogged through an episode of "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer," which isn't my favorite show but is great for a light pick-me-up first thing in the morning.

Discovered IDump4U.com. If you get a chance, go check out some of their videos. They're amazing.

Grabbed a shower, picked up my books from the library, grabbed Garrett from pre-k, dropped him off at his afternoon pre-k, came home, made myself a yogurt and granola parfait, and called my mother.

Then 12:30 rolled around. Yes, that's right, I managed to do all that before noon. I hadn't really thought about what an accomplishment that was!

Anyway, I started work around 12:45. That didn't go quite so well. I spent half the time answering emails. It's incredibly frustrating when you only have a little bit to do, and you know you only have a little bit to do, and you still can't get it done. I'm 3 articles into a 7 article set, with submission and distribution still looming. But revisions were made on the stupid newsletter I've been working on for weeks, and that should be good to go, thank God.

Picked up Garrett from school, then let him play outside until Alex and Chelsea were done. He played with his friend Liam for a while, until Liam had a melt-down and his mom made him leave. I keep offering to take him off her hands, but she's not buying. I don't know if she's uncomfortable with me b/c he got hurt playing with Alex in the yard last time or if she's just like that. I feel kind of bad that she keeps coming over here with him. It's not that I mind the company-I really like her-but I know half the fun of playdates is getting to get rid of your kids for a little while!

Anyway...

So, I grabbed Alex and Chelsea and we went to the store for Easter party stuff. 4 bags of cookies and who knows how many containers of cupcakes later, we were geared up and ready to go. Ran into Dad in the parking lot. Still not quite used to bumping into him at the grocery store after all those years of barely seeing each other. And the library. And the bookstore. Thanks small towns!

We get back home, we do some homework. Alex pounds out his math homework while Chelsea rolls through her spelling words. Then I kicked the kids outside.

Now, the smart thing to do would have been to get some work done here, but let's face it. Who can work at 4:00 when it's sunny and the kids are outside? I did manage to be somewhat productive-I read my chapter for school and made hard boiled eggs-but I still have a pile of stuff to knock out tonight.

Fortunately, I'm actually caught up on work for once. It's a good feeling. If I can crack down on Saturday I might even be able to have work and homework caught up while the kids are on break so I only have to put in an hour or two a day. We'll see how that works out.

So, we made dinner, the kids cleaned up outside. Pancakes and pork chops were enjoyed by all (yes, I know, I'm from down South-that doesn't seem wierd at all!) while the kids watched "Barbie and the 3 Musketeers". At that point it was time for laundry, bath and bed!

So here I sit, happily blogging and completely procrastinating doing anything productive. There's a cat hoping I'll open the window again so he can try and claw out the screen. One of these days, I might just give in and let him.

Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment