Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Too Tired to Blog

I want to start by saying that I love to blog. I really do. It's a great way to let go of the day's stress, share your story with people who are going to sympathize (like anyone ever reads this anyway) and just generally let go in an atmosphere where people are going to listen without judging you.

That being said, I'm going to take an opportunity to whine. A lot. Do you mind?

The problem is, I'm pooped. It's 11:00pm, and I just got a chance to sit back and relax. It's my own fault. I know it's my own fault. I over-schedule myself like a mug, then wonder why I can't keep my eyes open in the afternoons! With that in mind, I never complain about the mind numbing exhaustion to anyone on the outside. I'm finally getting into a schedule that works, but let me tell ya, it's been rough!

My day starts with packing lunches and putting kids on the bus, followed by a rousing load of laundry and dishes. Then I sit down and check my e-mail and Facebook, followed by an hour of exercise in front of my favorite tv show and a shower. Then I work until 11:30, take my youngest to pre-k, come back, have lunch with the hubby, work until 2:15 and pick up my youngest from pre-k. Then I either help him with his homework or grab him a snack and sneak in another half hour of work until the other two come home.

3:00 to 4:00 are usually spent doing homework, filling out paperwork and chatting with the kids. Then I try to work for another half hour before starting dinner. Then starts the long round of dinner, bath, clean-up and bed, usually followed by another hour or two of work and an hour or two of homework. Then I spend an hour or two (or sometimes 3) watching tv or reading a book and enjoying the first break I've had all day before passing out, getting up and doing it again.

Argh. I feel like I'm back in daycare, with every minute of my day structured for maximum enjoyment! I can understand why Alex resists daily structure as much as he does. It really sucks! And yet, he's a sucker for routine. Now that Sunday morning housework is the norm, he just gets up and gets it done. Bath time comes after dinner, so that's all cool. Yet let me announce a change in routine, and it's all over!

This from the child who doesn't want to go to camp because he doesn't want his summer structured. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment