Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To...

All right, so just for the record? My birthday didn't wind up completely mired in sucktitude. Yeah, it started off rough-I overslept and we had to run to get the car to the shop. It was a busy day at work, followed by a trip to the vet where I got to hold the kittens down for their first round of shots (talk about the world's worst mommy-you should have been there) before tag teaming and dragging poor Chelsea clear to Geneseo, where we found out she had an ear infection-followed by sitting at Wegman's for over an hour waiting on antibiotics.

Of course, we were waiting for pizza too, which made it a little better. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I can be bought.

The good news is, for everyone that had to listen to me complain yesterday, last night was rockin'. I got home, ate WAY too much pizza. My hubby went out and bought me an apple danish instead of a lame birthday cake, and we had that with some ice cream. I knocked out a little more work, then took a quick 2 mile run (more about that in a minute) before sitting down and gorging myself on Disc 3 of the first season of NCIS.

Gibbs is an ass. Abby's awesome. Tony's a hound dog. Duckey's just-strange. Kate's too sweet for her own good. And I'm totally hooked.

The only downside to yesterday was that we had to cancel our plans to take our first "couple's jog" while the kiddies were in school, since, well, none of them went to school! See, for a few months now I've been training off and on for the annual Turkey Trot, an 8K race that happens in Rochester every year. I was doing really good training through the summer, then I went back to work and it was downhill from there.

With three weeks to go 'til post, however, I'm kicking up the routine. I can do 8 miles at a steady 15 minute mile, which means I should be able to handle five miles without too much pain. It might not be a fast five miles, but I can do it! I've also dropped 5 lbs. in the past couple of weeks, which is just-cool. Yes, I know, when you're training for a race it's not about weight. It's about fitness, and time, and being able to go the distance.

But it still feels good.

Anyway, I'm pulling a night shift tonight so I have to rock and roll. The price I pay for spending the morning running errands. Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment