Sunday, July 12, 2009

T-2 Weeks and Counting

My house is swarmed in boxes and I've got "Psych" playing on tv so I can scramble my way through Season 1 and give it back to its owner. Technically I'm supposed to be working, setting things up so I can spend Tuesday and Wednesday down in Richmond taking pictures for my Examiner articles. I'm so psyched about this job. Of course, at the moment the thrill of rounding out a weekend filled with a whole lot of nothing is so appealing I'm just not feeling the "Twitter".

Go figure.

So anyone, I took my best friend shopping for a wedding dress today, and we found "the" dress right off the bat. It was amazing. Of course, I'm not going to go into any detail here. You never know when a fiancĂ© is going to be peeking over your virtual shoulder…It took me forever and a year to find mine, and this ironically worked out beautifully because Amy was the one who found my dress. It was a privilege to return the favor. J Chai and a wedding planner later we were rolling. And she asked me to be her Matron of Honor. I'm psyched.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to start planning the bachelorette party. Yes, she's not getting married until next year, but it has to be something inspired. This is Amy. She's been waiting for this day forever. The least I can do is use my mad organizational skills to put together a kick-ass bachelorette party for her. Even if I'm planning it from New York! I've got Liz down here to help me set these junks up. The question is, what can I get away with? And what kind of a theme do I want? Oh man, this is going to be harder than I thought.

Let's see what we can come up with. Anyway, I've got two more weeks and then it's time to get rolling with the family blog for Christmas. I'm still not sure about this one, but I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment