Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blow the Dust Off Those Old Memories...

Yes, I have to admit it. Sitting here in my new house in a state I haven't called home since I was fourteen I'm forced to sit and contemplate the memories I thought I'd left behind. It surprises me sometimes when I sit back and realize how many memories I've blocked out over the years. Flipping through my photo album tonight, looking at the faces of people I haven't spoken too in years (and a few I've spoken to just a little too often) I have to smile. Those were good times. Just sitting back and having fun with friends is something I've kind of lost track of beneath the burden of responsibility. I look at my smile in those pictures and realize I can't remember the last time I smiled with that much pure, unadulterated (unenebriated) joy.

It's time to get that back.

Speaking of old friends and old memories, I spent today up at Longacre Farms in the middle of nowhere with my best friend from middle school. We had a blast. If you ever get the opportunity to swing up that way I highly recommend it. On top of the extremely cool goats and the kickin' Maize Maze (which makes the one in Fredericksburg look hopelessly puny and inferior!) they have this amazing jumping pillow. Picture "The Blob" from Fat Camp, then tack it on the ground over a sand pit and you've got a jumping pillow. This thing was SO amazing. I seriously want one! It's better than a trampoline for giving you a little extra "Oomph", which sends you flying in every direction.

Couple that with a giant slide and I think I had more fun than the kids! There are days I love being a parent. Otherwise people look at you funny when you're 26 and playing pirate on a giant wooden pirate ship! I can't wait until we get to do it again. Next up?

Spraypark!

No comments:

Post a Comment